2010-2011 Time and Talent Pledge
The giving of time and talent is an important part of covenant life at Fauntleroy Church and is a wonderful way to strengthen the bonds that unite us in community and faith. Please take time to consider your giving of time and talent for 2010-2011. A copy of the Time and Talent Form can be downloaded here. Please complete these forms and bring or mail to the church office, or bring them to church on May 2, Pledge Sunday.
Each task on the Time and Talent Form is briefly described below
- Usher on Sunday morning. Work on a team to hand out order of service bulletins, collect the offering, provide special assistance as needed, and tidy up after the service. 9:30-11:30 about every two months.
- Greet at the door on Sunday. Welcome worshippers at the door Sunday mornings. 9:30-10am.
- Help with Communion. Help with serving communion and a new, streamlined clean-up. Will meet with pastor before services for detailed instruction. If interested in coordinating our communion calendar, please contact Terry in the church office.
- Read Scripture in worship. Work with pastor to read scripture for Sunday worship or other seasonal worship services.
- Read announcements during worship. Read announcements from the bulletin on Sunday mornings.
- Record Sunday or special services. Record services on computer in sacristy for folks unable to attend worship services. Easy system has been set up and instruction will be provided. Rotating schedule at your convenience.
- Clean sanctuary Mondays (Altar Angels). Work with others to pick up, dust, and tidy pews; no vacuuming or heavy cleaning involved. Group gathers in the sanctuary Mondays at 9am for approximately one hour.
- Be the worship liturgist. Partner with officiating clergy to lead parts of the 10am worship services, two to three times a year. Training is provided.
- Provide flowers for narthex on Sunday. Provide flowers on Sunday morning to brighten up the narthex and make it more welcoming. You determine how often you do this.
- Sing in the Chancel Choir. Rehearsals are weekly on Thursday evenings and in the sanctuary prior to the services. Put link to the choir here.
- Play in the Bell Choir. Perform 2-3 times per year for Sunday worship or a special service. Experience not necessary, but ability to sight read is.
- Play an instrument (specify:____________________________). Play solo or in an ensemble on an occasional basis for Sunday worship or special services as you are able.
- Help plan seasonal worship services. Help plan seasonal worship services such as Advent, Lent or Easter. Work with staff and members in one or more meetings.
- Make fabric banners for sanctuary. Work independently at home or in collaboration with others to create banners for the sanctuary for seasonal display. Occasional with participants determining the schedule.
- Photograph worship services or special services for website. Occasionally take pictures during worship services for inclusion on our church website.
- Provide transportation for appointments or errands. Provide one-time or short-term transportation assistance to members who need rides.
- Provide occasional meals. Prepare and deliver food on a one-time or short-term basis. Flexible timing. This is a great family service opportunity!
- Run errands for homebound folks. Provide one-time or short-term help.
- Visit homebound persons. Provide conversation and fellowship to members who could benefit from socializing. Children are often welcome as well! Flexible timing.
- Help plan a retreat (specify:_________________________). Work with others to create a one-day or weekend retreat for a segment of our congregation. For example: Women's Retreat, Leadership Retreat or another retreat you would like to help plan.
- Help in kitchen during church events. Work with others in the kitchen occasionally during the year at events of your choosing. For example: Easter Breakfast, Lenten meals, Advent, etc.
- Serve on prayer chain. Offer intercessory prayers for persons in crisis, grief, pain, or uncertainty. Coordinator communicates needs by phone.
- Serve Sunday coffee hour. Work on a team to provide beverages after worship. The teams rotate throughout the year.
- Serve at memorial receptions. Work on a team providing food and beverage service.
- Serve at wedding receptions. Work with our Wedding Reception Coordinator in providing food and beverage service. Duration: 2-3 hours.
- Provide cookies as needed. Bake or buy cookies to be served at a variety of church events.
- Help plan intergenerational events. Work with others to bring different age groups together for a time of food and activities such as the Mardi Gras celebration and the All Church Barbeque.
- Help plan seasonal activities. Work with others to plan seasonal celebrations, such as Easter Breakfast and the Advent Festival.
- Provide childcare during church activities. Willingness to care for children during a variety of church activities. Middle-schoolers through grandparents are welcome!
- Participate in Friendship Dinners. Participate in Friendship Dinners by attending a dinner with other church members, hosted by a church member. Usually in spring and early fall.
- Host Friendship Dinner. Like to have parties? Host a Friendship Dinner at your home for a small group of church members. Type of dinner is at your discretion. Many host the dinner and others contribute desserts, some have potlucks... it is up to you !
- Serve on Welcoming Committee. Join the Welcoming Committee or occasionally staff a welcoming table in the narthex prior to Sunday morning church service or other church/community events like the Art Show.
- Photograph events for publication on website. If you like to take pictures we'd love to have them of church events and activities like the Advent Festival, the Easter Breakfast (and others) to post on our website.
- Help with Fauntleroy Fall Festival. This is a community wide festival annually held in October. You can help with organizing the event or working an hour or two during the festival! Really fun community event where you will get to know your fellow church members and your neighbors!
- Paint inside building. Wield a paintbrush indoors with others on a one-time or short term project. This is a wonderful family service opportunity or community service opportunity for students!
- Paint outside building. Join others in painting the outside of the building occasionally when needed.
- Handy with tools? Help with small projects. If you can use a hammer, know electricity or can fix things, small projects are available.
- Participate in grounds work party. Work with others to spiff up the church and grounds in spring and/or fall. Excellent family activity.
- Join Tuesday morning "Fix-It" group. Join others on the first Tuesday of the month at 9am to work on projects around the church. After working, the group heads out to lunch!
- Teach Sunday school. Team teach during the school year or take a combined class for one Sunday during the summer. Curriculum, co-teachers, and guidance are provided. Add link to Church School here.
- Help in the nursery. Work occasionally with our Sunday nursery coordinator to supervise and interact with infants and toddlers. Lots of play and no diaper changing! 9:45-11:30am.
- Help with Youth Group. Work with Youth Group leader and others to plan and carry out group experiences, provide transportation to youth activities or help with food on occasion.
- Help with church school music. Lead children's singing during church school time.
- Serve on Adult Education Committee. Help plan and/or execute adult education opportunities.
- Help with a dramatic production for worship. Work with others, including children and/or youth. Planning meetings and rehearsal(s) determined by participants.
- Give children's sermons. Give a short children's sermon during Sunday morning worship on occasion.
- Help plan Family Camp. Meet with others to plan and/or execute late spring/early summer all church Family Camp. Frequency of meetings determined by participants .
- Plan forums on social concerns. Work with others to draw speakers of interest to the congregation and community.
- Prepare and/or serve lunch for Family and Adult Service Center. Work with others to make lunch for 80-150 homeless/low-income families. This is an excellent family service opportunity!
- Delegate to the Conference Annual Meeting. Represent our congregation at the annual gathering of UCC churches in the Pacific Northwest in April/May.
- Distribute food at White Center Food Bank. Help to distribute food to low-income individuals and families at the White Center Food Bank the second Wednesday of each month. Good family or group service opportunity!
- Join the Global Peace and Justice Task Force.
- Join the Green Committee.
- Join Equal Rights task force.
- Join Oaxaca Mission group.
- Giving Tree project during Advent. Plan and carry out this church project for Christmas.
- Help periodically in church office. Answer phones, help with mailings, etc.; Tuesday mornings during staff meetings or at other times during regular office hours, or work with office manager on short term projects.
- Proofread church publications. Check for spelling, typos, and layout consistency of the annual report or other major publications .
- Help mail the Congregator. Work with others on Monday mornings; every week during the school year and every other week during the summer months.
- Help maintain the church website. Work from home in collaboration with staff and other techies to post content and keep the site current and up-and-running.
- Create bulletin board displays. Create images relating to the current church program for display on our bulletin boards.
- Help maintain church Facebook page. Help others from home to keep the website current.
- Serve on Fundraising Committee. Join the Fun-draising committee which plans, schedules and sometimes executes fundraising activities to support the mission of the church. Group meets once a month as determined by its members.
- I will help plan fundraising event. Help on a one-time basis with a fundraising event.
- I will work at a fundraising event. Would be willing to help at a fundraising event, for example, Easter Breakfast, 2nd Time Sale (indoor parking lot sale), the Art Show, etc.
- I have an idea for fundraising:__________________________. Please indicate on your pledge form any fundraising ideas you might have.
- Serve on Worship Ministry. Responsible for the worship life of the congregation; Sunday worship, special services, Marriage Ministry, and memorials.
- Serve on Parish Life Ministry. The Parish Life Ministry finds ways for the church to become a community that knows and cares for one another. The Fellowship Committee and Caring Ministry are subcommittees of this ministry.
- Serve on Christian Education Ministry. Responsible for the spiritual formation of the congregation, nourishing youth through classes and other activities and providing learning opportunities for adults.
- Serve on Facilities Ministry. This ministry oversees the building and its grounds, including the parsonage, assessing needs and planning projects.
- Serve on Outreach Ministry. Interface between the congregation and the wider community; supporting and funding action groups, trying to make a difference in the world. This ministry informs the congregation on issues of peace, justice and human need.
- Serve on Finance Ministry. This ministry monitors the financial life of the church; the operating budget, capital funds and investments.
- Serve as Council-Member-at-Large. Acting on behalf of the congregation, the Church Council is responsible for the oversight of the church's life: sets priorities, makes policy decisions and oversees major projects that transcend any one ministry.
- Serve on Nominating Committee. Join others in staffing the various ministries, committees and task forces of the church. This group is busiest in the spring and early summer but is active throughout the year as needs arise.
- Serve on Personnel Committee. Help oversee personnel policies, participate in staff-evaluations and develop personnel budgets.
- Serve on Stewardship Committee. Add link to Giving here.
- Coordinate the Stewardship Committee
- Help create a stewardship theme.
- Help with advertising the campaign through mailings or posters.
- Give Minutes for Mission during Sunday morning worship .
- Write letters on behalf of the Stewardship Committee.
- Design logo and/or pledge forms as related to this committee.
Parish Life Ministry
Christian Education Ministry
Updated: 04/23/10: T. Clements: B. Ackers